Nail polish has been around for a long time and it is one of the oldest beauty tools. This article will compare regular nail polish to gel nail polish, so you can decide which one is right for your needs.
Regular Nail Polish
If you have never tried regular nail polishes before, they are quite easy to apply. You just need to make sure that your nails are clean and dry before applying the color coat and then add a top coat as well. Regular nail polishes last about three days with minor chips in them but if you want them to stay on longer than that, then use a base or primer coat underneath it first (which not all brands offer).
Gel manicures are perfect for those who always seem to get their nails done just in time without the fear of chipping. Gel polishes are cured under ultraviolet or LED lamps, which means that once applied, your nails will be completely dry and won’t require any drying time. The color coat is then applied and cured under the lamp as well and finally, a topcoat is applied. Gel manicures are known for their longevity and chip-free features. Especially brands like Kiara Sky gel nails provide you with amazing and high-quality products that can save you a lot of money.
What Makes Gel Polish the Best Choice for a Manicure
Gel polish is the best choice for a manicure because:
- It lasts longer: Gel polish can last up to two weeks without chipping or peeling, whereas regular nail polish will only last a few days.
- It dries faster: You don’t have to wait for minutes for your nails to dry completely with gel polish – it only takes seconds!
- It’s more durable: Gel polish is more resistant to chips and scratches than regular nail polish.
- It has a glossy finish: The high-shine finish of gel polish makes your nails look healthier and more polished than if you used regular nail polish.
- It’s easy to remove: Gel polish can be easily removed with acetone, unlike regular nail polish which can be difficult to take off.
- It’s less damaging to your nails: Gel polish does not require the use of harsh chemicals or solvents, so it is less likely to damage your nails than regular nail polish.
- You can get creative with it: Gel polish comes in a wide range of colors and finishes, so you can always find something to suit your taste.
- It’s low-maintenance: Once you apply gel polish, you don’t need to worry about touch-ups or re-applications – it will last until you decide to remove it!
So, Which One Should You Use?
If you are someone who doesn’t have the time to sit around and wait for their nails to dry or if you are looking for a manicure that will last longer, then gel polish is the way to go. If you are on a budget or if you want to try out different colors more frequently, gel nails provide you with amazing options to choose from. Currently, there are a number of amazing brands on the market such as OPI, DND,…. In addition to Kiara sky, I also like to choose products from OPI gel nail kit, which provides wonderful options to work with.
Gel nail polish is growing in popularity for a reason: it lasts longer and looks better than traditional nail polish. If you’re looking to switch up your beauty routine, gel nails are the way to go. So which one should you choose? It ultimately comes down to personal preference – both types of polish have their pros and cons. If you want long-lasting nails that look great, go with gel; but if you don’t mind doing touch-ups every few days, regular nail polish will work just fine.